- The first step to ensure you have flawless makeup throughout the day is to prep and take care of your skin. Start your morning by using a gentle cleanser, such as the Cleansing Foam, to remove excess oil and debris that can interfere with the performance of your foundation and concealer.
- Don’t forget to refine skin’s texture on a daily basis with an AHA or BHA exfoliant. We recommend our Blue Diamond Resurfacing Peel and the Gentle Buffing Cleanser at night to prepare the skin for the next day. They will naturally get rid of built up dead skin cells and flakiness, ensuring your makeup will go on more evenly for a dewy appearance.
- For the concealer area, make sure your makeup is properly removed every evening and use a good eye cream. Apply a light layer of the Reviving Eye Cream every morning to soften the appearance of fine lines and keep the delicate eye contour hydrated, smooth and brightened. The Reviving Eye Cream will also act as a primer for your concealer, helping with the application and avoiding crease lines under your eyes.
- When it comes to applying your makeup, use a primer with SPF protection to smooth, hydrate and protect your skin. This will reduce the likelihood of your foundation slipping and settling into fine lines. Try the silicone free Complexion Corrector SPF 20, which combines all these benefits and helps to brighten skin tone. Applying a thin layer of this product will create a surface that is easier for foundation to glide across and adhere to.
- In addition, it is important to know your skin type. If you have oily skin, try to add a shine control moisturiser before applying your foundation, such as the Elemental Emulsion or Balancing Moisturiser. This can go a long way toward keeping excess shine at bay, so your makeup lasts longer. If you have dry skin, do not use a back-and-forth or rubbing motion, as it will leave you with spotty coverage. Try to prepare your skin with a nourishing moisturiser such as the Intensive Hydralifting Cream and pat the concealer and foundation in place with your finger, brush or beauty blender.
- Another trick which really helps, is to carry blotting paper with you at all times to remove any excess oil that would normally cause makeup to slip and dissipate.
- And finally, spray the Queen of Hungary Mist as soon as you finish your look. It will help to hold your makeup together for a longer time.
you might also like
2 years ago
3 years ago
3 years ago