Salicylic Acid is a key ingredient within our AHA / BHA treatment, Acid Fix. It has a number of benefits for the skin including anti-ageing and acne fighting powers. Intrigued?
What is it?
This ingredient is less commonly known as “beta hydroxy acid” (BHA) and is a sister to the well-known AHAs but with a structural difference that has contributed to its soaring popularity. Whereas AHAs – such as Glycolic or Lactic Acids – are water-soluble and most effective at exfoliating the surface of the skin, BHAs are oil-soluble meaning they can penetrate oil-clogged pores, making them effective exfoliators both on and within the skin.
What else does it do?
- Increases cell turnover reducing the likelihood of congestion and breakouts.
- It controls sebum production, reducing shine.
- It reduces pore size and tightens the skin.
- If exfoliates and dissolves dead skin cells to reveal more radiant skin.
- Helps to fade scars caused by blemishes or acne.
- Reduces skin inflammation and redness.
Which skin types?
Combination/oily/blemish prone skin
When to avoid it?
If you suffer from dry or sensitive skin, you should always use acids with caution as they can increase the sensitivity of skin.
In which Omorovicza products?
Both the Midnight Radiance Mask and Acid Fix contain Salicylic Acid. This ingredient exfoliates the surface of the skin leaving it smooth and soft and also enhances cell renewal and improves pigmentation issues.